Tennis Forum banner

Doubles competition - RULES!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  49295 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

as I start and manage doubles competition, I will post rules here :)

please feel free to add every suggestion and opinion :)

1) Threads will opened at least two days before first day of MD
2) Teams has to sign in, that means, one player of the team will post the name of the team in the doubles tipping thread, just post "in first player/second player" and the second player has to confirm it
3) There will be always list of teams with their points after each round in the first post
4) There will be always order of play for current day in the second post
5) All picks have to be posted in the thread by BOTH players (they can be different) so it can be more competitive and interesting.
6) You have to post your picks before deadline which will be set in each order of play post.
7) You have to pick winners of all matches in current day
8) You have to post how many games will be played in the final of each tournament so then it's easier to decide who is the winner if two players are tied in points, if players pick the same number of games and are tied then the time of your post will decide, that means who post earlier is the winner.

HOW TO POST
e.g. Final: Safina vs. S.Williams
you post: S.Williams (20 games)

9) Do not use any nicknames of players, it's enough to post their surnames but please if there're the same names in the current day, please post e.g. "S.Williams"
10) Scoring points will be different for tournaments, depends on the category.
11) Both players' picks will be counted!

next rules are coming with your suggestions and opinions, please post :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I think rules #2 and #5 are too complicated. Only one of them signing the team up should be enough (unless someone refuses to team up, he/she should say so). Also, in my opinion, it should be enough if only one of them posts picks, after they've agreed via private messages. If they can't agree on some match, they should skip it.

#5 ·
it's better 4 best teams becasue i don't think that we will have number of teams like number of singles players :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.